Thank you for choosing Neurology Center for Epilepsy and Seizures for your care. We are providing you with the following information to help you understand our insurance and billing policies. If you have any questions, please contact our Billing Department at (732) 856-5999, option 4.
- You must show your current insurance card at every visit. We will attempt to verify insurance eligibility at the time of service and alert you to any issues. If we cannot validate your coverage, we may assign your account to self-pay status and request full payment prior to your visit.
- Be aware all copays, deductibles, and co-insurances are due at the time of the visit as mandated by your insurance company. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards. There will be a $25.00 returned check fee.
- If your insurance plan is subject to routine deductibles and coinsurance, we require you to keep a credit card on file so we can collect any remaining balance your insurance deems as “patient responsibility”.
- Know your insurance benefits. Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company, even if your employer provides it. There are many subtle differences in insurance policies, and employers frequently change coverage and copayments. You are responsible for knowing what services are covered, and how much of the cost is your responsibility. You will be responsible for any portion of services your insurance does not cover, or for which you have a deductible that has not yet been met. You should also be aware of which lab or radiology department is covered by your insurance company. (Our office will assist in providing you with any necessary procedure codes when calling your insurance company for any inquiries)
- If your insurance requires you to have a referral prior to your visit, it is your responsibility to contact your Primary Care Provider to obtain one. If you are seen by our provider without a referral, any costs incurred will be patient responsibility.
- If you are covered by more than one policy, be sure to know which one is considered primary. We must submit claims to the appropriate carrier(s) in the right order.
- Carefully read all Explanation of Benefits statements you receive from your insurance carrier. We receive the same statements, and any charges which your carrier designates as “patient responsibility” will be billed to you directly to you from our office.
Our Collection Procedures:
- If your account is self-pay, all services must be paid for at the time of visit. This may include situations where we cannot validate your insurance. In such cases we will collect payments at the time of service and refund any amounts subsequently collected from your carrier.
- If you have valid coverage with a participating insurance carrier, we will file an insurance claim within five business days of your date of service. If there are any problems with the claim, we will notify you immediately and request your assistance. If your carrier does not respond in 30 days, we will send out a second claim. If they don’t respond in 60 days, we will send you the statement, and payment will become your responsibility. You will need to contact your carrier if you think they are responsible for payment. We will expect payment from you or them in 30 days.
- If your participating insurance is subject to routine deductibles and/ coinsurance that cannot be collected on the date of service, we will charge your credit card on file as soon as your carrier provides an EOB designating your financial responsibility. (Our office will notify you of any charges before processing any credit card payments)
- All statements are due on receipt. If charges remain unpaid for 30 days a second statement will be mailed.
- Please be advised there is a $1.00 per page medical record copy fee if needed. If you need a copy of EEG data on a disc there is a $40.00 fee for any individual EEG study recordings.
- There is a $15.00/page fee for any forms that need to be completed on your behalf.
- If you have an appointment you are unable to keep, please give our office 24 hours’ notice. If you do not call to cancel an appointment within 24 Hours, there will be a “No Show Fee” charged to your account: $25.00 (follow up appointments) $50.00 (Routine EEG) $100.00 (Ambulatory EEG) $250.00 (In office Video EEG).
- We reserve the right to place your account with our collection agency after all internal efforts to obtain payment have been exhausted. You are then responsible for any collection costs in addition to your outstanding bill. If you are presently in collections, the practice will use its discretion regarding your future care.
Payment arrangements can be made on any outstanding balance by calling our billing department at (732) 856-5999, option 4.